[mythtv] Separate frontend backend issues...

wwinright at attbi.com wwinright at attbi.com
Mon May 12 16:55:09 EDT 2003

Hello all,
I have tried setting up a separate Frontend and I'm having some issues.

I would like to know if anyone has seen this before, and/or is this is the Red
Hat issue noted in the docs...

When I run mythfrontend on the remote frontend:

connecting to backend server: 192.168.10.63:6543
(MythTV comes up, I can navigate through the buttons, I select "Watch
Recordings", all of the recordings on the backend are listed, then it crashes)
Could not connect to server
Could not connect to server
Segmentation fault

It appears that the initial connection to the backend succeeds, but when I try
to access the recorded shows, it dies.

I can schedule shows to record, fix conlicts, etc. but as soon as I try to view
the recorded shows, or try to watch live TV it seg faults.

Is this the Red Hat issue noted in the docs? I'm using RH9 on both systems. I
have a strong feeling that I might be doing something wrong, although I think
I've followed the instructions to the letter.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks,
Wade