[mythtv] Various & Sundry MythTV Notes

Michael J. Pedersen michael.j.pedersen at verizon.net
Tue May 6 22:12:19 EDT 2003

*sigh* Personal note: Do not, now or ever, run mythtvbackend and let it
actually generate a log file anywhere. Once it loses VIDIOCSYNC, the
whole recording is fubar'ed, and it generates a multi-gigabyte log file
which can fill up most any partition. Always be sure to redirect all
output from the backend to /dev/null to avoid this problem.

And, after finishing that, find a way to fix a recording which had this
happen to it. It's now quite broken (4th one in less than a week), and
this is one I REALLY wanted to watch (Buffy).
--
Michael J. Pedersen
My GnuPG KeyID: 4E724A60        My Public Key Available At: wwwkeys.pgp.net