[mythtv] Ugly Fonts

Craig Longman craigl at begeek.com
Mon May 5 01:56:24 EDT 2003

Michael J. Pedersen wrote:

>I go to vt7, and everything looks beautiful. I run mythtv in it, and
>it's truly pleasant to look at. I switch over to vt8, and mythtv is
>hideous. Fonts are beyond ugly.

much of the ui (progarm guide, osd i think) uses hard-coded fonts/sizes
in the ui.xml files around in the themes directory, and it uses Arial
(iirc).  someone advised me to install the ms fonts ( i think the debian
package is called mscorefonts, it installed quite easily) then
everything started looking much better for me.

cheers,

    CraigL->Thx();