[mythtv] PATCH: closed caption support

Lonnie Hutchinson chinacat at chinacat.org
Mon Mar 24 17:10:45 EST 2003

thanks. I will be submitting another patch with the changes described
below in the next few days.

Rather than outlining the text, I was planning on (and have implemented)
puting the text on a black background (this is what most if not all TV's
do). thoughts?

Also, through experimentation I have *guessed* that there are 18 rows
and 32 columns. I tried to find the spec, but didn't want to plop down
the $136 usd to confirm it, it works well enough for me. If anyone has
access to the EIA-608-A, "Recommended Practice for Line 21 Data
Service." spec. and would be willing to verify these settings please do
so. My next patch will reflect these settings.

I found that the text looks better if you use a monospace font. Do you
have a prefered monospace font that can be distributed with MythTV?

Lonnie