[mythtv] New and improved mythmusic playlists patch (LARGE)

Brent Hills bhills at openshores.com
Mon Mar 24 15:48:28 EST 2003

Thor,

I finally got around to checking out your mythmusic patch.

I'm having a few challenges.  I use the Red Hat 8.0 distro which came
with QT 3.0.5 (a slightly dated version of QT) but the standard one with
the distro.

Your patch includes features that rely on a more recent release of QT.
2 examples:

target_list->replace(..) calls in metadata.cpp use the replace function
which doesn't preexist.

The QCheckListItem constructor call in treecheckitem.cpp (line 70)
doesn't have a constructor which matches your arguments.

There may be other examples I stopped looking at the patch after the
last item.

Has it been decided to require a newer version of QT, I know others have
grimaced in the past over the older version of QT that was distributed
with Red Hat but I don't think anything else requires the newer calls?

Brent Hills