[mythtv] brightness contrast etc.

Brent Hills bhills at openshores.com
Fri Mar 21 13:52:34 EST 2003

With xvattr/xvinfo there are two groups of settings one for
"video-for-linux" ie the tuner card and one for my video card (ATI
Radeon).

When running mythtv with the default color settings xvinfo reports
outrageous values for the "video-for-linux" section (tuner card) (look
back at the current value in my previous email or here is a briefer
segment)

Shorter excerpt from xvattr:

Name: video4linux
 Port: 59
  Name: XV_BRIGHTNESS
   Flags: XvGettable XvSettable
   Min value: -1000
   Max value: 1000
   Current value: -1073744280

This makes me wonder whether the brightness and related calls used in
mythtv are working as expected (ie. the values reported are rational
when mythtv is not running)

Brent Hills