[mythtv] Manual recording

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Wed Mar 19 11:21:02 EST 2003

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 12:51:48AM -0600, Chris Derossi wrote:

> For those of you who have worked with the code, what would you recommend?
> I tried creating a ScheduledRecording, populating it, and calling
> .save(db). This writes the correct information to the database just fine.
> However, the query to find recordings requires that an entry in the record
> table match with entries in the channel and program tables. Channel
> doesn't apply for me since I'm using composite exclusively, and obviously
> the program I want to record isn't in the program table.

This is pretty much why manual recording doesn't exist yet, and why the
conflict-resolution-by-time-adjustment feature didn't work properly.

It wouldn't be too much work to adjust this query to allow for manual
recordings, or add a second query to do it.  But, this doesn't interest me
much, so I haven't gotten around to it.  I only record things from TV.

If you want to record videos, you could simply record them with nvrec or
ffmpeg or such, and use the mythvideo/mythexplorer module to view them.
The only thing that you would gain by building a manual recording tool would
be to have the files in mythtv's native format.

--
 - mdz