[mythtv] I'm building a new beast to run MythTV exclusively!

Jerry Normandin jerryn at nfnnet.org
Sat Mar 15 12:48:45 EST 2003

My parts are in!  I've got an MSI board,  Sqeeze 26db cooler (Quite!),  On
board Nnvida Nforce Video, 40GB Hard drive, and the Peter color Mid small
ATX case.  I'm installing Gentoo Linux right now.  I'm going to base the
window manger on qtopia and run the EXT3 file system.    Hopefully gentoo
will finish the emerge .    Ahh then the fun begins, configure X11 for the
Nvidia Nforce,   configure the WinTvGo card,  get all the necessary code
for MtyhTV.  This will be the first Gentoo system I put up.  I've started way
back with yggdrasil in 93,  Eventuall going with Mandrake 8.1 (patched
big time) I have MythTV from CVS running on this box.  Now the stand alone
MythTV box will hopefully be running Gentoo, this way I'm only going to
install what I need for MythTV.

I hope to start developing code for this cool project soon!
I'll be adding an export video module (burns divx and mpeg2
disk).  I might add dvd support. I only have one DVD burner and that's on my
software development box (I burn home videos to DVD with Linux and use
Kino to grab the Video and Cinrella to edit.

Anyway. Great job everyone, this project is really picking up steam!