[mythtv] PATCH: closed caption support

Lonnie Hutchinson chinacat at chinacat.org
Fri Mar 14 14:26:36 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 12:53, Isaac Richards wrote:

> This doesn't seem to work very well for me -- the text is draw in a single
> line the upper right hand corner (overwriting itself occasionally), goes off
> screen quite often, and is occasionally garbled.

It sounds like you may not be getting a strong signal and it can't be
decoded properly. If I adjust my antena to have bad (but viewable)
reception I notice missing captions, garbled captions, and misplaced
captions. Have you tried it on a channel you receive clearly (or a
non-broadcast source)?

I'm suprised it is a line in the upper RIGHT corner, the upper left
would be row 0, no indent (no positioning information), bu the upper
right confuses me, can you confirm that you meant right.

The "line" you describe, is it causedby text being drawn on
text.....until it is solid? how big is the line? what is it's
orrientation?

Yhe text going off the screen may be related to the possible
positioning  problem you have (right vs left). If it is positioning too
far to the right, the text will go off the screen. I'll think about
this, read some specs, etc on this issue some more.

If anyone out there nows how CC works (this is my first exposure to it)
please throw in suggestions, patches, links to sources of information.

Lonnie