[mythtv] possible changes?

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Mar 13 00:34:36 EST 2003

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 11:31 pm, Cedar McKay wrote:
> I'm about to submit some documentation for Red Hat, which includes some
> workarounds, and it occurred to me that maybe someone might be willing
> to change the code so that the workarounds are not necessary.
>
> Problem 1)
> When installing mythtv Red Hat users must go into the themes directory
> and edit the makefile there, commenting out lines that start with
> "strip". I don't know what "strip" is for and "strip - Discard symbols
> from object files" from the man page doesn't really make it more clear.
> Are these lines really needed considering it works better for Red Hat
> users without? If they are needed what can we do so Red Hat users don't
> have to manually edit that file?

Get redhat to distribute a fixed version of Qt (or something more recent), and
it won't be necessary to remove those lines.  I don't believe it's possible
to change anything in mythtv to work around this.

> Problem 2)
> When installing mythweather only 9 of the 15 images get copied to
> /usr/local/share/mythtv/mythweather/images on install. I have no idea
> why. Red Hat users must then manually copy the rest over.

If you do a 'make distclean', then a normal make/make install, do all the
images get installed?

> Problem 3)
> When compiling mythweather Red Hat users must add /usr/include/cdda to
> settings.pro as an include path or they will get a compile error. Can
> this path be added to settings.pro so Red Hat users don't have to do it
> manually?

It could, but then I'd be encouraging broken RPMs, and I don't really want to
do that =)

Isaac