[mythtv] Segfault or 'Delaying to next trigger'

erschulz at attbi.com erschulz at attbi.com
Tue Mar 11 04:44:24 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 08:03:09AM -0800, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
>
> > Onboard motherboard from i850 chipset w/ ALSA 0.9 drivers
> > [...]
> > Problem 1) (Not really myth related, but I dunno what to do about it)
> > using xawtv with input muted,
> > and 'aplay /dev/dsp' leads to the sound being  delayed ~1/2 second from
> > the video. Without aplay, audio is in sync.
> >
> > Problem 2)  One of the following 2 things happens within ~5 seconds of
> > starting mythtv
> >
> > a) mythbackend Segfaults.  Always in a different place, but it  seems to
> > always be related to libmp3lame:
>
> Try a different sound device (drop in a card rather than using the onboard).

I've found that simply shelling out the $35 (US) for the real OSS drivers fixed
all my onboard audio troubles. Intel i810 AC97 Shuttle XPC nVidia.

The problem I ran into today was with the live preview window in the play a
recording menu while recording. The preview choked and the one minute load
average shot to 5.60 and stayed there. Had to kill mythbackend and lose my
recording to get control.

I'm going to update from CVS again tonight and see if I can recreate the problem.

rs