[mythtv] non-Xv display support in CVS.

Doug Zobel lists at h4.dougzobel.com
Wed Mar 5 19:09:36 EST 2003

Chris,

That works much better.  Without changing the capture or display
resolutions (still capture at 480x480 and display at 800x600) video plays
at full rate and the CPU load is at about 65% with 60% for X and 5% for
the mythfrontend procs.  With capture and display both set to 640x480
playback takes less than 50% of the CPU time with X using most of it.

BTW, in case anyone else tries to use the fbdev driver at 640x480, it
seems that v4 of XFree86 is "smart" enough to ignore your Screen Modes
settings in XF86Config-4 and get the screen resolution directly from the
current framebuffer mode (which can be seen with fbset -i).  I was unable
to change the framebuffer mode with fbset and had to set the 'vga=' line
in lilo.conf to 758 to get 640x480 at 16bpp.

-Doug