[mythtv] Separating CAPTUR and Capture in OSS

Rick Warner rick at sapphire.no-ip.com
Tue Mar 4 20:18:27 EST 2003

On Tuesday 04 March 2003 12:18 pm, Tom Panning wrote:
I'm using the same basic card with the alsa drivers instead...  you're really
much better off w/ alsa.  check out alsa-project.org
basics of installing alsa from source (as I do):
if your current sound drivers are modules, you're good to go.. .otherwise
you'll need to rebuild your kernel w/ no drivers included, but include the
core sound support.  then:

download alsa-libs,alsa-driver,alsa-util,alsa-tools
build lib, install it
run "./configure --with-cards=emu10k1" to build just the sb live driver, then
make and make install
then configure/make/make install the utils and tools (i think you only really
need one of those.. but i don't recall which)

--
Rick Warner
Systems Integrator