[mythtv] First patch for runtime configurable keybindings

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Mon Mar 3 16:03:06 EST 2003

At 3-3-03 15:50, you wrote:
>Please don't rename the XvVideoOutput class, and don't unnecessarily move
>stuff into the XvData structure, as most of the changes in the XvVideoOutput
>class look totally unnecessary.  If someone wants to write other output
>methods, the way to do that would be to write a generic abstract video output
>class and make XvVideoOutput and the new method extend off of that, rather
>than modifying XvVideoOutput to do that.
If you do that, the class instantiating the videooutput needs to know which
type to instantiate. If you make a videooutput class universal it is the
only one who needs to know what outpu tis going on.

>Check out the MythDialog constructor on how to deal with xinerama properly.
OK

>NuppelVideoPlayer::ReConfigure() is poorly named.  You're not reconfiguring
>anything in that object, you're reconfiguring the display.
OK. ResizeVideo() then? Just Resize() would probably nameclash.

>You can go ahead and remove the old code, instead of just commenting it out.
>I don't blindly apply patches, I can see what's changed.
OK

>Don't submit stuff with debug output =)
OK, was meant as servide for people implementing keymapping for other modules.

>I'd almost prefer for the keymap to live in the context, instead of inside
>each window object.

I had that, but then I ended up with the configurations defined in mythlib,
and you don't want that touched for a single default keychange :-)

WIth my ugly global init-functions only the module itslef is recompiled on
a change, and a global setup can stil figure out what to setup as long as
it knows the list of modules.

With all the above there is no need to add the keymap to the context,
although I agree it 'feels' better.

Do you have any thoughts about PIP support?

Erik