[mythtv] pvr250 bitrate affects sound

creator at inreach.com creator at inreach.com
Tue Jun 24 10:15:00 EDT 2003

When I was playing with it, I was just changing the bitrate with the
test_ioctl program that comes with the ivtv drivers in the utils directory.
here's an example...

./test_ioctl -a                          (shows you what your settings are)

./test_ioctl -c bitrate=4000000,bitrate_peak=800000

These are just one of the values that I was playing with, but with anything
other than full 8 to 16 setting I was getting the audio choppieness, so I
just set it back to stock.  But i just noticed that yesterday there was some
discussion on the users list about bumping up the buffers in the source may
correct this, but I havn't tried it yet.

I don't know..  I can be going about this the wrong way, but I was just
playing around doing testing.  If anyone can think of a better way, let me
know.

Robert Stellhorn
creator at inreach.com