[mythtv] category getting saved to 'recorded' table

Kirby Vandivort kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 20 15:28:36 EDT 2003

Is there a historical reason of some sort as to why the 'category'
(and probably 'category_type', although that doesn't seem to have values
here in the US) column of the 'program' table isn't getting transferred
into the record, recorded, and oldrecorded tables?

I'm seeing a few possible uses for this..  Users could potentially sort
their 'now playing' list by genre, etc.

The use, in particular, that I'm currently working on, though, is an
implementation of bayesian type filtering for coming up with
'recommendations', and having genre information in the list of what has
been recorded in the past would be quite helpful.

I've written a little program that I'm in the very early stages of
tweaking that does some simple analysis of what you've watched and what
you might be interested in watching, but having genre info would help
out that much more.

--

Kirby Vandivort                      Theoretical and Computational Biophysics
Email: kvandivo at ks.uiuc.edu          3051 Beckman Institute