[mythtv] DVB PID DB field (was: New version of Mythchannels)

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Wed Jul 30 07:48:32 EDT 2003

Ben Bucksch wrote:

>    * PIDs: I'd use a separate textfield for video and audio PIDs, maybe
>      even for AC3, subtitles etc.

hm, but by reading from the DB field, you don't know which the video PID
is. I didn't think of that back then. Should we just assume that the
user used mythchannels to set up the channels and thus that the PIDs
have a certain order? What, if there's an AC3 stream, but no subtitle
stream, for one channel, while there's a subtitle stream, but no AC3
stream, for another channel? Any suggestions how to solve that while
still keeping the DB and code simple and flexible (for stream types we
don't have special provisions for)?