[mythtv] x10 Remote (Entertainment Anywhere/MP3 Anywhere)

hayward at slothmud.org hayward at slothmud.org
Tue Jul 15 07:32:52 EDT 2003

As far as I can tell reading the MythTV documentation, there doesn't
appear to be support for the X10 remote (not the mouseremote, but the
entertainment anywhere remote).  This device uses (I believe) a RF
receiver connected to a serial port.

I'm going to take a shot at creating a patch that allows this remote to
work with MythTV, but I'd like to first learn how lirc support was added
to MythTV.  I've searched for 'lirc' in most of the files and can't
seem to find it referenced anywhere.  What are the relavent files for this
type of input into MythTV?

I'm going to start by building some proof-of-concept code for reading and
recognizing the different remote control keys from the serial port (this
seems fairly straight-forward when looking at the x10mp3 XMMS plugin for
this remote control)

Thanks,
Brian Hayward