[mythtv] Question about finding to-be-recorded programs

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Jul 11 20:03:46 EDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 17:18:18 -0500, "David Engel dlengel-at-attbi.com
|mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <r9tshhvswk0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> In the program table:
>
> recordid: Points to the corresponding row in the record table, if any.
> I know this isn't strictly necessary, but it would probably make some
> queries simpler and faster.
>
> recordstatus: Indicates whether or not the program will be recorded.
> This would normally be set automatically when a record entry is set or
> new programs are added to the table.  It could be manually changed by
> the user from the program guide, resolve conflicts, etc.
>   0: not applicable or undetermined yet
>   1: will record, manually selected
>   2: will record, automatically selected
>   -1: won't record, manually deselected
>   -2: won't record, automatically deselected

As Isaac said, putting this in the program table would be tricky because
of the mythfilldatabase issue (it could be worked around by having
mythfilldatabase evaluate the record table after every fill, but that is
nasty.  You could split this into   yet another specialized table like
'proposedrecordings' which maps the record table to the program table,
and include this info.  The problem is keeping it in sync.  In theory
every time mythfilldatabase gets run your program table could change
completely, so evaluating the mapping needs to be done anytime the
program table or record table is changed.

I think this would be easier to do by just adding info to the record
table.  Whenever a user overrides a program that would normally not be
recorded, just add it as a single recording in the record table.  If the
user marks a program to 'not record', you could store that in the record
table using a new type.  The auto selected/deselected is already stored
in mythbackend, so just adding a query to get it should not be hard.  Of
course mythbackend doesn't store the info I want, and the query for it is
slow, so this solution doesn't really solve my problem.

> In the record table:
>
> recorddups: Indicates whether or not to record duplicate espisodes.
> Could either be a simple yes/no, or yes/no/not within x days of
> deletion.  Most users probably don't need this but there was some
> interest in it previously.

I think that's a good idea.

.Geoff
--