[mythtv] MythMusic Patch Help

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Wed Jul 9 16:14:30 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 09 July 2003 06:18 pm, m0j0.j0j0 wrote:

> Hopefully this extra loop isn't a problem.

	I don't think it will be a problem. This is looking much better.

	However, you only seem to be dealing with playlists. AllMusic also puts
itself on the playing tree (up near the root node) and also calculates an
"intelligent" weight. So, for completeness, you should be doing something
similar in AllMusic->writeTree(). You shouldn't need an extra loop there as
there could easily be a global min/max setting that is figured out on the fly
during the initial metadata load.

	Coming along nicely ....

> This seems to be working fine with my test database, although that
> collection is pretty small. If it looks like this approach is
> appropriate, I'll apply it to my main system (much more music) and
> verify it is actually "smart". ;)

	Can't hurt to test (I haven't it applied yet, just looked at it).

- thor