[mythtv] MythMusic Patch Help

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Wed Jul 9 14:18:37 EDT 2003

> 	The idea is all there, just try do your ranking calculations where the
> existing code already does it (albeit incorrectly). If you need each medata
> object to hold a different piece of information, change how it loads and
> saves it in the main loading and saving routines.
>
> - thor

Attached is my new attempt.

I've removed the SQL query. I calculate the min/max values for the whole
collection now during the initial load. Shouldn't be much overhead here
since we're looping through all the songs getting metadata anyways... if
I'm understanding things right. I calculate the min/max values for each
playlist when we build that particular list. Values are pulled from the
metadata in memory. Hopefully this extra loop isn't a problem.

This seems to be working fine with my test database, although that
collection is pretty small. If it looks like this approach is
appropriate, I'll apply it to my main system (much more music) and
verify it is actually "smart". ;)

Thanks,
Joe