[mythtv] idea for multiple tuners/inputs

Dave Alden alden at math.ohio-state.edu
Sat Jul 5 19:00:11 EDT 2003

Hi,

  I'm in the process of switching over to mythtv from an old ReplayTV
box (I bought it ~3 years ago).  One feature that I greatly miss is
how it handles multiple inputs.  I have "raw cable" plugged into one
input (via the coaxial cable) and the "cablebox output" plugged into
another (via the rca jack).  My "cablebox output" displays as channels
1-999, and the "raw cable" displays as 1000-1999 (actually only 1002
through 1070 since thats all the channels I have :-).  If I had a 3rd
input (my ReplayTV can handle 1 coaxial and 2 rca inputs), it would
display as 2000-2999.

  I was wondering what others think of this?  I'm willing to put in
the time to patch it, but if everyone hates this idea I won't bother. :-)
Note that I'm not proficient in C++, so this patch may take awhile.  :-)

...dave