[mythtv]

Gary Sinclair clgary at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 20:49:12 EST 2003

"
Not a side note but the issue itself 8-). There is a
difference between the analog audio being patch
through
and the audio being digitized by the DSP then played
back
through the DSP. Please take a few minutes to read and
understand:
"

I read this perfectly and I understand the concept.
Muting the line-in <> Not turning off the TV-Card
itself.  I understand it may be a solution for some,
but I dont think it really addressed what I was
referring to.  Please to don't take this as a flame,
as you did help me figure out another problem I had.

I grabbed the latest CVS and it works as intended now.

As for the poster who called it BS, thats a bit harsh.
 It's a bug, thats been at least quashed for me and
that it.

--- Randy Page <rpage at chiba.homeunix.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 30 January 2003 08:57 pm, Dustin Rue
> wrote:
> > I have to continue the "mythtv doesn't close the
> tv card" thread.
> >
> > I think it's BS that mythtv doesn't close the TV
> card when done recording.
> >  For some of us that trick of muting linein
> doesn't work.  I use an old
> > Ensoniq using the esn_1370 driver.  This card
> *doesn't* record from linein
> > if you turn it down, mute it or what ever.  I'ved
> used kmix, alsamixer and
> > neither do it right.
>
> Huh?  Although I don't use it anymore, having bought
> an sblive recently, I
> used a 1370 with early versions of myth with no
> problems.  I'm building a new
> box tomorrow and I'll toss in the old card for
> giggles, but I'll try it.  Are
> you using alsa or oss?
>
> --
> R.
>
> Jack Russell Terrier property ownership laws:
>  If I like it, it's mine.  If it's in my mouth, it's
> mine.  If I can take it
> from you, it's mine.  If I had it a little while
> ago, it's mine.  If it's
> mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
> If I'm chewing something
> up, all the pieces are mine. If it just looks like
> mine, it's mine.  If I saw
> it first, it's mine.  If you are playing with
> something and you put it down,
> it automatically becomes mine;
>
>  If it's broken, it's yours.

=====