[mythtv] Re: Debian packages 0.7-12

Stefan Frank sfr+lists at 6913304088794.gnuu.de
Tue Jan 28 18:38:36 EST 2003

Hi Mark!

I'm trying the same here.

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Mark Pitman wrote:

> I installed the Debian packages, 0.7-12 and I am having a problem. I get
> the following errors:
>
> when installing the package I get:
>
> Setting up mythtv (0.7-12) ...
> chown: failed to get attributes of `/etc/mythtv/theme.txt': No such file
> or directory
> dpkg: error processing mythtv (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>  mythtv

Sorry, didn't had this problem.
What i did was to update my sources.list, run aptitude (to update the
package list) and run apt-get install mythtv.

> Then when trying to run myth-setup I get:
>
> QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
> QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
> couldn't open db

Could be you have set this environment variable:

export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3 (or wherever the qt3 libs are installed).

But if you use the debian-packaged version of the qt3-mt libs, this
shouldn't be case. I had the same problem yesterday night, and
it was due to a missing package dependency (see Bug #178698)

What solved this problem for me was to install xlibmesa3-glu debian
package.

HTH, Stefan

--
What is important is food, money and opportunities for scoring off one's
enemies.  Give a man these three things and you won't hear much squawking