[mythtv] MythWeb CVS broken?

Nathan G. Grennan ngrennan at okcforum.org
Sat Jan 25 04:49:42 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 04:28, Nathan G. Grennan wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    Yesterday with Chutt2's help(Thanks!) and him fixing a bug, I was
> able to get the latest MythTV CVS working. I even have it working almost
> 100% with the backend and frontend on separate machines. So then I
> decided to load MythWeb from CVS to get a better listing management
> interface(aka search ability). When I tried I got "Uh oh, I couldn't
> open the singlerecord table". I looked in /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg for
> signs of the singlerecord and saw none. It seems likely that the
> database table names and structure has changed and the MythWeb php code
> hasn't been rewritten to keep up. Is this true? If so are the tables
> just renamed and I can do some simple search replaces through the php
> code? I have already tried changing references of singlerecord to
> record, but don't know if this is wrong.

I dug into this more by comparing 0.7's MC.sql with 0.8's. It seems that
singlerecord, allrecord, and timeslotrecord got merged into one table.
So I did a search&replace through functions.php and recordings.php
implementing the merge. I did have an issue with function names that
needed to stay the same. After restoring them I have what appears so far
to be a working MythWeb. I plan to use MythWeb more and see if any other
parts are broken, and if so see what I can do to fix them. Once I get
that all done I will submit a patch for MythWeb.