[mythtv] Leadtek Winfast tv2000 anyone?

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Thu Jan 23 12:21:03 EST 2003

At long last all the pieces of my mythbox have shown up, and after some
futzing it actually works. :)

I've got a few questions for anyone who has a Leadtek TV2000 tuner card:

1) Tuner
  I haven't managed to figure out what tuner chip type to use yet. Through
trial and error I've picked chip "2", as in insmod .. type=2. Any clues
for the clueless?

2) Audio
  I'm currently running loopback to line in on my sound card, and this
works. I'd like to use btaudio though. I can compile/install the module,
and I get two more devices: dsp1 and dsp2. dsp1 appears to be the digital
out, and dsp2 is analog. I can play from dsp2 (analog) and get sound, but
it is accompanied by a whine that varies with the bit rate. Playing from
dsp1 gets nothing but silence. btaudio is installed with no options. Does
anyone have btaudio working with this card, and if so can you post/email
me your config?

3) IR
  This card comes with a remote control, but for the life of me I can't
get it to work. I've built lircd with debug on, and it sits there (no
response to button presses). I'm not sure how to get the kernel module to
dump out if it sees anything. Trying irrecord gives a pause of a half
minute and then "no gap detected" and it dies. Weirder yet, the remote I
have is numbered "Y0400046".

lirc-0.6.6
winfast config file from the LIRC site
Compiled with --with-device=winfast_tv2000

modprobe lirc_gpio; lircd -d /dev/lirc/0 -n ;

And it sits there with no response to anything. Does anyone have working
IR, and if so how'd you do it?

And let me just bemoan the lack of things to record in the middle of the
day for testing purposes. Barney? ARGH!

Drew

--
Drew Bernat                                                __ ____