[mythtv] "ran out of free AUDIO buffers :-(" Fix

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Jan 23 01:27:28 EST 2003

On Wednesday 22 January 2003 11:00 pm, Xepo wrote:
> Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to this.
>
> >What was the buffer size before you commented out all that?
>
> I'm actually not positive.  I'll check the next chance I get enough time
> to work on it.  Right now, I'm unable to recreate the problem.  I don't
> have cable plugged into the TV tuner, and there's not one available
> here.

I'd just like to know what the result of that ioctl was, so you don't really
have to be able to reproduce it.  If it's an obviously wrong number, then I
can just check for that, and override it like you did in your original patch
while keeping the current behavior for people that don't need the override.

> >usleep is micro-seconds, not milliseconds.  You're off by a factor of
> >1000 in
> >your numbers there.
>
> Well, even so, before I had made this change, and had only made the
> other one, I still had the problem.
>
> Like I said before, I just looked at enough of this code to try some
> things, and they happened to work, for me at least.  Does this solution
> even make sense?

Yeah, pretty much.  The usleep change is pretty trivial, so I just want to be
able to do the other change properly before committing it into CVS.

Isaac