[mythtv] s-video input / widescreen tv ?

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Wed Jan 22 09:38:57 EST 2003

At 20-1-03 15:25, Laurent Farcy wrote:
 > I confirm : I've got a physical 16:9 display (Sony KV32FX60B, not HDTV).
So, what's best ? Adjust the set
 > to stretch an 4:3 anamorphic image or adjust the Xv output ? From a
strict user standpoint, it seems
 >easier to adjust the tv set since it is pressing one button om my remote
control. It is not 'reconfiguration'
 >when switching from a 4:3 to a 16:9 channel (most of them are still in 4:3).

- what do you mean by adjusting XV output?
- do you want to see 4:3 material stretched to 16:9?
- do you want to see a 4:3 menu streched to 16:9?
- do you have anamorphic 16:9 sources you want to record with mythtv?

Erik