[mythtv] XBox as a Frontend

Mr. Adam ALLEN adam at dynamicinteraction.co.uk
Sat Jan 18 14:22:59 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-01-18 at 07:24, Nathan Ziarek wrote:
> I heard the big problem was that there were not reliable drivers for the
> specialized sub systems yet.
>
> However, if you do try it, let us know how it goes. I have an Xbox that
> I actually use for games, but if I could plop down a few bucks and get a
> mod chip to run MythFrontend as well, that would be great.
>
> That reminds me, what stops an Xbox developer from writing an Xbox
> "game" that does the MythFrontend type stuff...then, when you wanted to
> use Myth, pop in the DVD and it loads up. That could really be nice, but
> I don't understand the details of it, so I am sure it is impossibly hard
> (not too mention pricey to get an Xbox developers kit)

from xbox linux faq.

To run unsiged code on the Xbox, wouldn't it be enough to write a boot
loader, make someone with the SDK sign it and spread it on the internet?

No. The SDK signs with a different key, only accepted by developer
Xboxes, not by retail systems. As a side effect, this file would be
illegal, and so would be using it within the project.

It would be a really good idea though.

--
Regards,
Adam Allen.