[mythtv] XBox as a Frontend

Nathan Ziarek nathan at ziarek.com
Sat Jan 18 01:24:35 EST 2003

I heard the big problem was that there were not reliable drivers for the
specialized sub systems yet.

However, if you do try it, let us know how it goes. I have an Xbox that
I actually use for games, but if I could plop down a few bucks and get a
mod chip to run MythFrontend as well, that would be great.

That reminds me, what stops an Xbox developer from writing an Xbox
"game" that does the MythFrontend type stuff...then, when you wanted to
use Myth, pop in the DVD and it loads up. That could really be nice, but
I don't understand the details of it, so I am sure it is impossibly hard
(not too mention pricey to get an Xbox developers kit)

Nate