[mythtv] Debian install problems, mysql password issues?

stan stanb at awod.com
Fri Jan 17 22:16:58 EST 2003

Could some kind soul explain to me how the Debian install scripts for
mythtv connect to the mysql backend to create the apropriate structures for
mythtv?

I've been fighting with this isntall for 2 days now, amd I think I'm close.
However the configuration step of the apt-get install keeps failing on
conecting to the mysql backend. I;m able to conect by hand, so I think the
mysql part is working OK.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin