[mythtv] Closed Captioning?

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Wed Jan 15 15:34:11 EST 2003

At 15-1-03 15:28, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
>On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 10:29:45PM +0100, Henk Poley wrote:
> > > Van: Matthew S. Hallacy <poptix at techmonkeys.org>
> > >
> > > Options like only CC when muted (aka, QuickCap) would be nifty as well..
> >
> > I think you meant to say "automaticaly CC when muted". I guess you would
> > like to watch a french crimi with english subtitles, without muting the
> > sound, don't you think? :-)
>
>Heh =)
>
>Yes, I meant an option such as 'Only display closed captions when audio
>is muted'. My television has this feature, it's called 'QuickCap', excellent
>for watching a movie while acting like I'm listening to the person on the
>phone.

Small hickup for a lot of setups: MythTV is connected like a VCR, that is
all video-settings and audio-settings are handled by the TV. But could be
nice feature for people watching on the computerscreens or using their TVs
as big "monitors".

I'll put it on my "probably todo"-list for as soon as I have the CC support in.

Erik