[mythtv] seperating backend/frontend

Johann Klemmack mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed Jan 15 06:27:26 EST 2003

I think he wants to keep his backend server in a closet, yes, but the IR
detector on the front-end one, since that's the one that's pretty and quiet
and out in the open.  When the frontend server get lirc data, it will
magically transport that signal across his network to the backend server and
give MythTV the virtual kespress commands to change the channel.  I'm
tempted to say an rsh program could do it, though I don't have much
familiarity with that.  Anyone with a better idea than running a second
ethernet cable?

BTW, anyone have thoughts on getting lirc to change the volume?

Johann