[mythtv] pcm audio control while recording

Matthew S. Hallacy mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat Jan 11 13:38:54 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 07:41:35PM -0800, Harondel J. Sibble wrote:

> That _should_ be the case, but it's not here. Basically while recording,
> unless I mute "OGAIN" which actually controls my rear speaker's volume, I
> hear the live audio (non timeshifted)  from the rear speakers.  That happens
> when watching timeshifted tv and during scheduled recordings. Once a
> scheduled recording is complete, the live tv audio still emits from the rear
> speakers.  The ONLY way I can get rid of that (so that I can play music
> through all 4 speakers) is to shutdown mythfrontend, unload all the bttv
> stuff and then do a modprobe bttv and restart mythfrontend.

Do you have the external loop cable installed (from the TV card to the
sound card) or an internal cable going from the TV card to the sound card
(just like the cable going from a CD-ROM drive to a sound card)?

If so, unplug it/them. Make sure you've got the btaudio driver loaded,
and that MythTV is reading the audio off the correct /dev/dsp device.