[mythtv] WinTV PVR-250 (hardware mpeg encoder)

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 10 19:13:21 EST 2003

On Friday 10 January 2003 02:02 pm, Matthew S. Hallacy wrote:
> I offered to give him one, he declined.  The issue wasn't about specific
> support for this card, it's about supporting mpeg1/mpeg2 data streams
> in MythTV alongside the current format. I'm learning what I can about
> the various libraries in an attempt to modify MythTV in the least intrusive
> way possible. (To prevent this support from becoming one of those features
> that's broken everytime something else is touched)

Supporting mpeg1/2 data streams in addition to the internal format _is_
specific support for that card.  Nothing else needs it.  And yes, I did say I
may be interested once the driver situation gets straightened out.  Until
there's a redistributable driver, there's no point whatsoever in supporting
the card.

Isaac