[mythtv] WinTV PVR-250 (hardware mpeg encoder)

Matthew S. Hallacy mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri Jan 10 19:29:31 EST 2003

> Supporting mpeg1/2 data streams in addition to the internal format _is_
> specific support for that card.  Nothing else needs it.  And yes, I did say I
> may be interested once the driver situation gets straightened out.  Until
> there's a redistributable driver, there's no point whatsoever in supporting
> the card.

i suppose Hauppauge invented MPEG1/2 and they're the only place you'd
ever see it.

Really, it's out there for various reasons (DVD, VCD, SVCD, internet,
captures from peoples DV cams, etc) being able to watch them in MythTV
would be useful.

No, I'm not asking you to lift a finger to support it, I'm pointing out
that it is most certainly not specific to this card, and that there are
other reasons to support something other than a single format that I've
never heard of before.

I've got a DVD burner, I enjoy burning episodes of 'Friends' for my
girlfriend to watch, it requires MPEG2 video.