[mythtv] Re: HW DB + Where to download XTE for X10 Mouse remote?

Charles Choukalos mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue Jan 7 16:02:16 EST 2003

All,

Hey, I can't find a download site for the XTE program
so I can use my X10 Mouse remote.  I don't have the
link that I found on the list... but it was dead.
Anyone have a cached copy I can grab?

Oh, I talked to some x-ibm'er that worked on the set
top boxes (aka Cable tuners)... Unfortunatley I can't
help out as they didn't have any documentation.  Turns
out when IBM axed them, they walked them to the door
and sent them a week later their "personal effects".

Regarding the HW DB, I threw in my system.  Actually
its my houses server and as I was doing it I started
to realize that you need some more fields there.  For
example I run flawlessly on 320x240 mpeg4 live tv on
that setup.  At the same time, its my houses file
server (running about 4 computers), web server (damn
the friggin script kiddies... they keep trying to hack
into it and burn up a lot of valuable cpu time),
p2p/newsgroup ripper, and DB server.  usually the load
is really low... but when doing live tv and grabbing
files/converting divx files etc... I only peg out 70%
of 1 cpu, and 40% of the 2nd.  I can't get away with
480x480 with mpeg4, can with rtjpeg... but I need to
get more HD space before I play with that.  But I'd
like to see peoples performance information.  I think
I could setup a 2nd tuner card and capture dual
320x240 mpeg4's at the same time + all other duties
and be okay... although PCI bandwidth might get
tight... Anyway... I'd like to see more performance
relating to settings/load.

Oh... is anyone working on a myth component to tie to
mplayer for dvd's/other video files?

viva the PVR revolution

-Chuck