[mythtv] Re: Myth .nuv MPEG4 format portability

Michael Cook foobarsoft at foobarsoft.com
Wed Feb 26 21:11:50 EST 2003

I've been working on this too recently, and for me the best thing that's
worked is to have mencode turn the file into divx to fix the problem
with windows not playing the video, only the audio; even though the
video was originally in MPEG4 inside the nuv file. My computer could do
the straight copy (as suggested elsewhere on this list) at about 700 fps
(hard drive limited, I'm sure); but it can only turn the file into divx
at 31 fps (it's rock solid, I don't know why it's not going faster, I
think it can, it's a PIII 450). It takes 1 hour to turn a 1 hour file
into something my Windows box can read, but oh well. The command I use
is below (mplayer must be patched)

mencoder -ovc divx4 -oac copy infile.nuv -o outfile.avi

Hope that helps.