[mythtv] Myth .nuv MPEG4 format portability

Greg.Froese at Federated.CA Greg.Froese at Federated.CA
Wed Feb 26 11:38:58 EST 2003

i've patched my mplayer and it works to play the .nuv files.
however, I've still unsure how to properly convert a file using mencoder.
Tried a couple and they were skewed and the sound was off.

does anybody have an example of an mencoder command to do this properly.
making vcd's out of .nuv's would be a HUGE feature in my mind.
gf

"COFFMAN Steven" <SCoffman at COVANSYS.com>
Sent by: mythtv-dev-bounces at snowman.net
02/26/2003 10:42 AM
Please respond to Development of mythtv

        To:     "Development of mythtv" <mythtv-dev at snowman.net>
        cc:
        Subject:        [mythtv] Myth .nuv MPEG4 format portability

Hey,
Even if I have Myth setup to use MPEG-4 (and MP3), the extension of the
files is still .nuv.

What do I need to do to make files portable to players/machines without
myth/NuppelVideo support?
(Like a windows machine or something)

I'd prefer to avoid lossy transcoding if possible.

Is it just changing the extension? Somehow, I doubt it.

-Steve