[mythtv] Crash with watching while recording

aaron aiperl at rogers.com
Tue Feb 25 22:55:43 EST 2003

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:30:39 -0500 spake Mike of:

> I'm running from CVS that I checked out and built today.  I've noticed a
> problem when watching a show that is being recorded.  The best recipe
> for the problem that I have come up with is as follows:
>
> 1.  Enable sticky keys
> 2.  Go to Schedule A Recording and select a current show.
> 3.  Immediately go to Watch Recordings and select the show you just
> scheduled
> 4.  Hit the right arrow key to fast forward
>
> Sometimes it takes a few tries, but when you hit the end of the current
> file, it will either crash MythTV or stick on the last frame even though
> it continues to record.

I was just thinking of posting a comment about this, as I see it frequently as
well. Just now, it happened and I just happened to pull up the OSD just before
I tried to fastforward. It showed position 0 of 0... like there was no
recording, or that I was completely caught up... which I wasn't; I was about
10 minutes behind.

> One other thing that I noticed is that sometimes when I pull up Watch
> Recordings the list will be blank even though there are recorded files.
> It only seems to happen right after I schedule a recording (but not all
> of the time).  If I try again immediately, it always works fine.

I believe this is a known problem.

aaron