[mythtv] patch: setsetting -> db

Drew Whittle drew at lug.net.nz
Tue Feb 25 09:50:20 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 05:18, Isaac Richards wrote:

> I had kind of meant for SetSetting() to only be temporary storage, and not
> write to the database.  The only users of it are the setup program, when it
> ensures that there's a Theme and a ThemeQt setting present, and mythvideo,
> where the stuff it stores there is only temp storage, and shouldn't be
> written to the DB.

This sounds exactly like what I wanted.

I am now sooooo confused it's not funny.

First I get told that the "right" way to save a changed setting is to
use:

	ThemeSelector theme;
	theme.setValue(themename);
	theme.save(db);

Then I find that this isn't available in mythfrontend and I'll have to
make it available, which then leads to a can of worms because of
everything else that needs to be included.

Along the way I discover SetSettings and AppearanceSettings.save and
this seems that is should do what I want, I'm advised that it should
work but it doesn't.

Then I'm told that it doesn't do what I want, ok fair enough.

So my question is, Is there a function that I can use _NOW_ to write a
setting to the db from within mythfrontend, if not it would seem to me
that these changes are useful.

If there is no way to do what I want, I'll just stick with my db.exec,
but if so please tell me, I hate the feeling of chasing my tail here.

:D