[mythtv] PATCH: Commercial detection/skip using blank frames

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Fri Feb 21 20:08:08 EST 2003

On Friday 21 February 2003 10:55 am, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> Attached is a much better implemention of the commercial skipping patch
> I uploaded earlier this week.  I've been using this for a couple nights.
>
> The patch currently will only detect and skip commercials based upon
> blank-screen detection, but the workings are there to support other
> detection methods by adding in code for each.

I've just committed this -- I did fix the segfault that was occurring on
exiting playback, though.  I also disabled the automatic commercial skip by
commenting out the setting in globalsettings.cpp, mainly because I didn't
test that part of it yet =)

Let me know if you agree/disagree with any of my changes.

Isaac