[mythtv] Problem with swedish characters

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Thu Feb 20 09:45:17 EST 2003

At 19-2-03 13:02, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
>The output from xmltv (tv_grab_sn) contains å ä and ö like it shoud, i
>checked from the linux console.
>
>If i try to view the program guide from mythweb all swedish characters is
>replaced with some strange 2 character code (i think it was a pi sign and
>somthing else, don't remeber exactly now)

I know from writing XMLTV grabbers that the import in mythfilldatabase
doesn't like 'special' characters.
You could change the grabber itself to output the html codes instead of the
special characters.
It worked for me with replacing stuff line:
     $data =~ s/\</\&lt;/g;
     $data =~ s/\>/\&gt;/g;
     $data =~ s/\&/\&amp;/g;
     $data =~ s/\"/&quot;/g;
which wasn't correctly imported in mythTV without the conversion.
I'm sorry I don't have a working mythfilldatabase at the moment so I can't
run a testcase.

>Another problem i have is that i can only change channels between 2
>channels, and when i type some numbers (i asume it is suposed to change
>channels) noting happends.
Try up/down and using the EPG first to see if the channels are there in the
first place. Don't forget MythTV uses the channelnumbers for your remote,
it only recognizes the ones it knows (see my non-US supportsite
www.home.zonnet.nl\erik_nospam.arendse)

>Did i do something wrong when i installed mythtv?
Probably not :-)

>I'll do some more tests when i get home
You have a look in the database itself with mysql or mysqlcc to see how the
imported data really looks.

Erik