[mythtv] CVS docs

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Mon Feb 17 10:38:05 EST 2003

> It seems like 1) the docs are out of date and 2) the setup program is
> now really buggy.  Can't I just have the old text-based version?  The
> new one, although graphical, flashes up the console a lot and seems to
> lockup after step 3.

perhaps you misunderstand what cvs is. cvs is for development of
in-progress software, with all the warts that come with it, not as a
constantly updated ready-for-release version for your pleasure and
convenience. Don't like the way setup works? Suggest a better way, or
better yet submit a patch, don't moan about how you liked it better at
0.7 because it was less "buggy". If new features were not allowed to be
buggy for a while in cvs, then no new features would ever get developed
would they? Finally the documentation at
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-18.html#ss18.6 looks pretty
good to me, and if you can't get it going with that plus a little
digging in the archives, you better stick to the releases.

cedar