[mythtv] recent CVS difficulties

m0j0.j0j0 m0j0 at foofus.net
Tue Feb 11 23:08:01 EST 2003

Hey all-

I updated my CVS checkout this past Sunday (it had been a week or so)
and I'm now having numerous problems. Prior to this everything was
working great... TV, music, weather, etc.

Here's hopefully some helpful info:

-LiveTV crashes the frontend
-Playback of TV currently being recorded crashes the frontend
-Only the TV option does anything when picked from the menu

-Playback of TV previously recorded works fine
-Recording of TV works fine
-All options on the TV menu do something

I've tried 'make distclean'. I also did a completely new checkout from
CVS. I also built a copy of myth with the "debug" setting chosen. I
found that while running the debug version if I click on anything other
than TV gdb shows:

mythweather: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libmyth-0.8.so.0:undefined
symbol: gContext
Connection timed out.

Playback of LiveTV and currently-getting-recorded TV doesn't crash the
debug mythfrontend within gdb. It does however play really slow, which
is probably to be expected.

Anyone have any insight into this problem? I don't *think* I've changed
anything on this system other than update Myth in the last couple of
weeks. Is there anything else I can try which would give greater insight
into my problem here?

Thanks,
-j