[mythtv] Can't 'make' XMLTV

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Tue Feb 11 14:42:24 EST 2003

did you make sure to remove the version of libexpat that shipped with
RH8? Installing from source puts things in /usr/local/lib/ but stuff
shipped from Red Hat is in /usr/lib. Try removing anything to do with
libexpat from /usr/lib, install the fresh version of libexpat, again,
and as root do /sbin/ldconfig. You might need to do /sbin/ldconfig a
couple of times due to some Red Hat wierdness.

good luck