[mythtv] running mythtv without a WM

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Fri Feb 7 14:34:36 EST 2003

I've had good luck with icewm.  It doesn't mess up the sound,
loads fast, has basic window focus features, and seems pretty small.

I just setup a .xinitrc starting

irxevent &
mythfrontend &
icewm-light  (or icewm)

(this is from memory, not the exact contents, but close).

Works fine every time for me.
For normal desktop I use KDE, which I didn't like too much for
myth.  It  messed up the sound too much and was to honking big
when you don't need it.

Just my $.02 worth.

Brian