[mythtv] Re:mythgame cvs segfault backtrace

DanM dan at milkcarton.com
Wed Feb 5 19:20:33 EST 2003

You know what, I feel like a complete dumbass (Although I did help fix a
bug).  I checked, and recheck my mythgame-settings.txt file several
times but everything looked right.  Just 10 minutes ago, I chamged the
MameRomLocation from /mnt/store/Mame/roms/ to
/mnt/store/Mame/roms/standard and it all started to work. . .  (I Have
my roms directory broken out by hardware [kind of] and mame32 was able
to handle it ok, so I presumed xmame / mythgame would be able to handle
it.  I guess the issue is mythgame and/or xmame isn't able to search
subdirectories for roms.

Thanks a mil for the quick response to my problems.  Most importantly,
as I told a guy yesterday, thank you for comming out with probably the
most polished open source app I've seen in a very very long time.  I am
really impressed with your coding abilities!  /suckup off :-)

-dan

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 11:20 am, DanM wrote:
 > Issac, here is the back trace for mythgame cvs.
 >
 > The segfault occured when I selected "All Games" from the menu.
 >
 > Hope this helps!

Yup, it did. The crash _should_ now be fixed in CVS. The root issue,
though,
is that I think it didn't find any roms, and the entire tree was empty..

Isaac