[mythtv] Lini-In Volume

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 5 11:02:56 EST 2003

I used to have the same thing with my CMI8738 onboard sound... there was
no separate "Capture" volume, you need to set the Line-In volume to
100%, the PCM to about 75%, check off "Mute" and "Record/Capture" for
Line-In.  Also, the line-out of your tuner has a volume control, too.
If you don't have "TV card (bt848) mixer support" enabled in your kernel
(under "Sound", at the bottom), you can adjust this using xawtv, or some
command-line utility which I forget at the moment.  Sometimes other
programs like xawtv will mess with the tv card analog volume or the
line-in volume as a way of "shutting off" the tuner sound when they
exit.

BTW, what tuner card are you using?  If you can get btaudio working I
highly recommend it; my on-board CMI8738 gave me horrible sound when
recording, and didn't do duplex well (I think for duplex you only get
8-bit sound each way on that chipset).

-Joe C.