[mythtv] XBox - MythTV

Chris Lack ixion at linuxpusher.com
Tue Feb 4 23:52:21 EST 2003

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 10:43 pm, Michael Stearne wrote:
> Assuming an XBox is good enough to encode and playback at 480x480 (live
> tv), what, if any, Video 4 Linux capture device would work with an
> XBox?  There is no PCI slot for a capture card.  Is there any USB
> device that might work in this situation.
>
> Any thoughts?

An x-box isn't good enough to encode and playback at 480x480.  I've had a
similar but slightly more powerful machine running myth for a while now.  It
would be under full load and probably dropping some frames at 400x400 rtjpeg.
You're also SOL in the capture department--but I don't see any reason why one
couldn't be used for a networked front-end with another machine somewhere
doing the capturing.